The Baltimore County Delta Foundation hosted its first 5K/10K Walk/Run for Veteran and Military Women, under the theme “Walking for Those Who Serve. The event was held on May 31, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. until 12 noon at Druid Hill Park Lake in Baltimore, MD. More than 150 people participated in this event.
This fundraiser was held to highlight and assist military and veteran women and their families who are currently participating in reintegration, rehabilitation, education or housing programs in the greater Baltimore area. Some of the funds provided by The Baltimore City Foundation, donors and the funds generated from the 5 K/10 K Walk/Run will be used to provide direct services to military and veteran women and their families in the Greater Baltimore area and other charitable programs.
Previous Sponsors for the BCDF Walk/Run
- Baltimore City Foundation
- Baltimore County Alumnae Chapter – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Positive Proofs Photography
- Road ID
- Sam’s Club
- Specialty Marketing and Printing
Previous Exhibitors at the BCDF Walk/Run
- Baltimore County Department of Economic and Workforce Development
- Coppin State University
- iHoot Foundation
- Ride to Conquer Cancer in the USA
- Outreach and Advocacy Department of Maryland Veterans Affairs
- VA Maryland Health Care System – Women’s Veteran Program